Pages

Friday 7 September 2018

Class Persuasive Writing: Hornby High students Should Be Able to Leave School to Get Their Own Food

Hornby High Students Should Be Able to Leave School to Get Their Own Food

What did I learn?
 Writing a persuasive writing is easy with a diverse vocabulary and understanding of your topic but at the same time, it is tricky. We often get lost on the track. Using SEXY paragraphs is a great help to be consistent. As a class, I get to understand more the use of SEXY paragraphs while looking at both sides.

Why did we do it as a class?
One of the greatest ability we should have is writing and arguing our opinions in English. Different voices can be heard if a persuasive writing is done as a class. Together, we develop these skills willingly especially the topic involves students.

What will I do better next time?
Everyone's opinions matter in this category. One or majority, it all still matters. There are some parts in which I disagree with. Like using a word multiple times, and not sharing my ideas and suggestions. On the other hand, even though I am against it I should still fully participate, not for the topic but for my learning. 

What questions do I still have?
  • Shouldn't we consider that almost half of the students today are not responsible enough?
  • Why go out of school to buy food when we have our own cafe at school?
  • What if they go for this topic just for their own benefit? Like going out to the mall and bunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.