Pages

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Composition Techniques


Composing different types of music is what we are currently doing in Music this term. I have learned about identifying genres, instruments, tempo, dynamics and other elements of music. Music is used for advertising, films, or just a song. So far, we created a short piece of songs for films, Christmas and advertisements.

Arranging the tempo is my favourite one, the emotion of music relates to the tempo. If it's fast, it gives an exciting, happy or amazing feeling. If it's slow, it is more like a sad, thrilling, and anxious piece. I love creating music for films, music creates the mood and attracts the viewers, it makes the film more memorable. Christmas jingles are more like a happy and exciting piece, the audience should feel the excitement of Christmas and make them dance to the song.

I might try making my own style of music for my assessment wherein it will show the composer's feelings and story or thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.