Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Persuasive Writing: School is The Best Place To Make Mistakes


School is The Best Place to Make Mistakes

Image result for mistakes

Are you perfect? School is where we learn new things and keep on learning, developing and improving. You might have done something for the first time and by chance, you get it perfectly, but we wouldn't want to live by chance only, right? Before we do something perfectly, we have already done a lot of mistakes, many lose, and misses.

We can't learn how to read if we don't actually read. Reading enhances our vocabulary and shapes our creative minds. For instance, you've read an unfamiliar word and you don't have any idea how to pronounce it, then you said it the wrong way. But remember, it is not the end of the world, you have to options, be discouraged or learn the proper pronunciation.

Students tend to do easier work than the difficult one. For example, taking a math exam, most students will choose the easier level than a harder one because who wants to suffer in maths when you have choices? These students want to get a good score instead of taking the challenge of examining how far they can get up to. My teacher once said that taking a challenging exam and have a couple of mistakes will improve you more than an easy test and have a perfect score. What can 1+1=2 help your learning?

A 10-month-old baby doesn't know how to walk at first, but parents are there to guide the child. He stumbles and fell many times but as he continues to stand up and start taking a step again, the child can now run. Teachers serve as our second parents in school, they help our learning no matter how many times we fail. For example, writing your own name in the primary, you misspelt it or wrote the letter 's' the other way round but, we still hold our pencils and start over and over again until we finally got it right. As a kid, we developed the skill of not giving up. Good thing I didn't get discouraged when I have a piece of paper full of misspelt messy-looking handwritten names.

School is a stair where we start from the very bottom, taking our first little steps. It's a relief we didn't end up staying in the bottom, we learned how to take bigger steps even though we always fall. Do not be afraid of making something wrong. We need to excel, get out of your comfort zone and take risks. Learning is not begging us to be perfect. Cause if you really want to learn, learn how to make and accept your own mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I’m Grace from St Bernadette’s School. Nice writing. You have given lots of examples for what you mean Why did you make this? I also think the picture is good because it hooked me in.
    By Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for loving my writing. I am pleased that someone like you, an actual student, read my work. I hope you learned something about my topic and share it with others, too. Your comment just relieved my tiredness from school, thank you so much!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.