Pages

Thursday 11 January 2018

Day 5 - Summer Learning Journey 2

Activity 2: Making a Fashion Statement

Obviously, it's different. Fashion today is more like showing bodies, especially to woman and I hate those kind of style. Most girls today hate wearing dresses except for prom or debut. They think these are old fashioned and out of style but for me, it's much better to wear formal decent clothes.

I think after 65 years from now, most people are wearing in suits and mini skirts, v-necks, super shorty-shorts, probably some will only wear underwear-like clothes and in high heels.

  Bonus: Sweet tooth

My favourite sweet treat ever are chocolate brownies, I can't resist their smell and taste. Plus a fresh milk.

Here is what I found in google. An easy recipe of brownies using microwave only, if you don't have oven.

Image result for brownies

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa

Cream sugar and butter together

Add eggs and vanilla, mix well

Stir flour and cocoa together, then add into the egg mixture (you can also add some nuts)

Grease a glass pie pan then coat with sugar

Pour the batter onto the pan

Microwave for 4 1/2 - 5 mins.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Lovely,

    I attend Glenbrae school and my name is Davarni. I like how you described fashion today. I couldn't agree with you more, but I do recommend putting in a photo. You did well on activity 3, I also love eating chocolate brownies.

    Keep up the good work!
    Davarni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Davarni,

      This is Jade C from Summer Learning Journey. It's wonderful to see you commenting on other students' blogs and giving helpful feedback. Well done and keep up the great work!

      Jade C.

      Delete
  2. Hi there Lovely,

    Jade F here from the SLJ team!:)

    I really enjoyed reading your fashion statement, it is very different now than it was all those years ago! I agree that I don't like wearing dresses very often only for formal occasions, I prefer a comfy pair of jeans and a nice top! How would you describe your fashion sense?

    With your bonus activity, great choice on choosing brownies! I couldn't stop looking at the picture you included. Those brownies look so good! I'm starting to get hungry! Cheers for including the recipe as well, I might just try this at home one evening for the family, it's looks very easy and quick since you're using a microwave. Wow! Do you make these at home for your family often?

    I look forward to hearing from you and keep up the good work!

    All the best,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lovely,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey team, it's nice to be back to read and comment on your blog post!

    Today's post is based on week 2 day 5 's activities that is all about "coming to an end" of the war! Have you searched up online to see fashion in the 1950s? I found some cool photos of women's fashion back in the olden days.
    https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjtvcufg9HYAhUBF5QKHSlgAPwQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fexplore%2F1950s-fashion-trends%2F&psig=AOvVaw13_rZDk3YmqJMeg6UyD531&ust=1515798335623290

    I quiet like the fashion back then because it's classy and neat. Let me know what you think!

    What made you think that people will wear underwear-like clothes and high heels? Did you hear about the 'International No pants Subway Day"?

    I love chocolate and everything related to chocolates! Chocolate brownies are therefore one of my favourite sweets! Thank you for sharing the 'no-oven' recipe, it will be handy for those people with no oven.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    All the best,
    Jade c.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.