Pages

Monday 1 January 2018

Day 5 -Summer Learning Journey

Activity 1: Translating Phrases

1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa
"Welcome to New Zealand"

2. Lovely is my name.
"Lovely ko toku ingoa"

3. What is your name?
"He aha to ingoa?"

4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro.
"I like to play rugby"

5. Where do you come from?
"No eha koe?"

Activity 2: The Treaty of Waitangi

As a visitor in Waitangi, I can see the fully carved Maori meeting houses, also the country war canoes. For educational benefits, I can take a tour along the Waitangi River or explore the Treaty House surrounded by semi-formal garden from 6 km walk.

Bonus Activity:

Bill Kini, since when did you knew your skills and talents in sports?

What is your most favourite sport to play?

What/who inspires you to do your always best?

Besides sports, what are the other things you like doing?

1 comment:


  1. Hi there Lovely,

    Great job on your blog post! With your first activity, well done on translating all the Maori and English phrases. I have a small challenge for you now! Have you tried reading the phrases out loud or used them while speaking to someone? It’s great Te Reo practice! Try give it go :)

    With your second activity, I really liked your suggestions on the different activities to do in Waitangi. I would definitely love to go to the Maori meeting houses and see the carved walls inside. Also those war canoes would phenomenal to see. Did you know they also have a replica document of the original treaty of Waitangi? Sounds cool right? That would be awesome to see such a historical document (even if it is a replica) in real life! Have you been to Waitangi before? If not, would you like to? I have never been there but I would like to visit there one day.

    I thought your questions for Bill Kini in the bonus activity were very insightful and I reckon would get some interesting answers from Bill if you got to ask them! I would be very curious to know who or what inspires him to do his best. What a great question!

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog and keep up the great blog posts!

    All the best Lovely,

    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.