Pages

Monday 1 January 2018

Day 4 -Summer Learning Journey

Activity 1:  The Waiata - The song in your heart

My favourite is Aue te Aroha, I love the rhythm and the melody of the song, it's catchy that the song remained in my mind. Also, the lyrics were meaning, this proves that New Zealand acknowledges God, the Creator. I'm a Christian so I really loved it.

Activity 2: Playing Games

Matimati or Mitimiti

This game develops your ability to read your opponents attacks and also to disguise your attack to them. While playing the game, your feet should be place far from each other and when you are attacking, you palm should be open, if you break this rules, the points will be given to your opponent.

Bonus Activity: 
1. Tamatea Arikinui
My most favourite because the performance is fun and you can them enjoying what they were doing. Using poi added more points bc I really like watching Maori dancing using that.
2. Te Iti Kahurangi
They were so great, they were so in sync. The woman singing in high notes is really, really amazing. Though it's simple, I can appreciate it.
3. Te Puku te Ika
My least favourite because the the two performances above amazed me more than this.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Lovely,

    Another awesome blog post, great job! For activity one, I've heard that song Te Aroha before, I used sing that at school and at church. Great song choice!

    Activity Two- awesome work with choosing a Maori activity of your own. The activity seems like you need to have really quick reactions! Do you play this game at school or at home? It looks fun! Maybe you could list out the game rules step by step so people who read your blog can read this and teach themselves and their friends how to play Matimati.

    With your bonus activity, brilliant work with explaining further why you ranked each kapa haka performance. Could you tell me more about your thoughts on te Puku te Ika? To me they didn’t do as much movement as the other groups which I thought they could’ve done more of that but their performance was simple but full of emotion and passion, that’s what I liked about them. I’d really like to know what you think about them. Let me know in a comment! :)

    I look forward to hearing from you and keep up the blog posts!

    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.