Pages

Thursday 11 January 2018

Day 2 - Summer Learning Journey 2

Activity 1: Popular Culture - The Silent Movie

Charlie Chaplin is one of my favourite comedy movies when I was a kid. I used to watch them with my family. Just like Mr. Bean, they make people laugh without using words. Anyone can enjoy this kind of movie, from children to adult, or a deaf person can be happy by watching this. 

I always enjoy funny silent movies, especially Charlie Chaplin and Mr. Bean. But if the genre is drama, action or horror, ofcourse I would much love it to have sounds and talks. 

Activity 2: Art Deco


⭐⭐⭐⭐ - It's indeed a good painting. I appreciate the art and effort put into this obra maestra. But this kind of paintings is not my style, for me it's just a classic painting - a fierce woman driving. This is my personal opinion only, I do not intend to hurt or offend someone.

Bonus: Crossing the Tasman

Words are not enough to be grateful
To God who lead and guide us
We thought that was our last
But my faith is more powerful.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there Lovely,

    Well done on completing another set of tasks! That’s awesome to hear that you and your family watch Charlie Chaplin and Mr Bean together! I used to watch Mr Bean with my family too! He’s so funny. Imagine if Charlie Chaplin and Mr Bean did a show together. That would be the funniest show ever!

    I thought your response on the art piece was fantastic. I liked how you mention that you appreciate the masterpiece but how it isn’t your style of art which is a very fair opinion! What would you say is your style of art? Personally I love all art and I couldn’t choose just one style of art to admire. I had the chance to visit the Museum of Modern Art in New York City last year and I got to see a lot of my favourite artists paintings. Artists like Frida Kahlo, Gustav Klimt, Pablo Picasso and Vincent Van Gogh.

    In your bonus activity, I really enjoyed reading your poem. I thought it was brilliant how your words captured the feelings and thoughts of what the flight crew would’ve been feeling during this frightening event. Great job Lovely!

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    Cheers,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.