Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Day 3 - Summer Learning Journey 3

Activity 2: Bell Bottom Pants

I like their style of jumper-dress with high-socks or boots and a high-waist pants with stylish belt. These two are my personal style, that's how I usually wear for casual events.

I just don't like the patterned pants because I prefer plain pastel colours. And also I don't like the excessive long sleeves dresses or shirts, I have small hands and skinny arms so I think it doesn't suits me and it's not my style.

Bonus Activity: A Bilingual Schooling System

Mr. R. Sutton,
Kia Ora!

I have been a student in Hornby High School recently for 3 mos in Year 9. Inside that 3 months of my observation about the school, I noticed some great things that my last school doesn't have, and also some flaws.

One thing that really catches my attention is that students don't know how to greet teachers or elders properly. For example, a teacher is passing by in front of group of students but they didn't seem care just like a stranger that walks by. Greetings is a really good value that students or children should learn. I'm hoping that students of Hornby will adapt this habit of respect.

Pono koutou,
Lovely Tabuena

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Lovely,

    Jade F here from the Summer Learning Journey team! I hope you’re having a good holiday. Great job on completing more SLJ activities!

    With your first activity, well done with writing about what you liked and disliked about fashion in the 1970’s. I really liked your opinion on the jumper dresses with the high socks and how it relates to your own sense of fashion. It’s very interesting how some styles and fashion from years ago are still relevant today! I agree with your point on the patterned pants, I think it would be too much for my eyes and I prefer plain coloured pants as well, I much prefer denim in white, blue or black! Would you wear the bell bottom pants if you had the opportunity?

    In your letter to the principal for your second activity, I thought your observations were very interesting and I agree with your issue, students need to learn how to greet elders and teachers; I’m curious to know how would you propose students should do to learn to follow up on this issue? Any particular approaches? Let me know in a comment. :)

    I look forward to hearing from you and keep up the blogging!

    All the best,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.