Pages

Monday 13 August 2018

The Snowman and the Snowdog

Related image



This is a short animated movie clip without any dialogue, all you can hear are orchestra-like instruments, more of string and aero-instruments. This film shows a lot of emotions to the audience and the music contributed a lot by setting the mood and drawing the emotions and feelings.

I still did understand the story without dialogue because I saw what happened in the video. The music impacted the emotions and feelings of the viewers. For example, in sad moments, the instruments played slower and in high-pitch, the violin holds the note for a long time to draw it to the hearts of the audience. In happy and exciting moments, the instruments play in a fast beat, imitating a heartbeat when one is happy!

I enjoyed the flying scene a lot, especially when the second voices started to sing, it should be a happy scene but for a particular reason, it made my heart ache it almost made me cry for some time.


Watch the clip yourself and share what you think on the comment box below.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lovely!

    I am Bridie, a year 8 student from Parkview Primary. My eyes drew attention to this post due to the cute name of this cover. The video must have sent a very important message, I would like to check out the video one time. While watching the video did you relate to any of the emotions the characters felt at the present time? Did you do any follow up activities? I really liked how you described what you could hear in the video. It would be helpful if you could add the link to the YouTube clip :) Apart from that I really enjoyed this post :)
    - Bridie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback I am satisfied that someone liked my post. Please check my other blog posts, too, I hope you learn something from me. Have a good day!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.