Pages

Saturday 15 June 2019

Recount Text: Willowbank Trip

An Educational Trip

As part of our research study about Kea, our whole class in Level 1 ESOL went on an educational trip to Willowbank Wildlife Reserve on June 4.

We all left the school a couple of minutes after Period 1. When we got there, we were separated into three groups to roam the place with a teacher. Along the river, many ducks and swans were floating on the water. I also saw many new animals there.


        At 11 am, all of us met at the Kea enclosure. The keeper talked a lot about the Kea birds while feeding them using a spoon. It started raining a little bit so we went in to a small shelter nearby where she, the keeper, answered our prepared questionnaires about the Kea birds. After that, we went to the Kiwi nocturnal house and I saw two of them. We spent the rest of our time exploring the barnyard and eating some snacks in a cafe before heading back to school.

That trip was a fun way of learning and relieving stress.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely

    This is a great recount. I enjoyed your connection to stress relief... Can you tell us something of what you learned about the kea during the visit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Sutton, your comment is very encouraging! I will publish a separate blog post about the Kea this week and it will be an information report text.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.