Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Recount: First Memory as a Child

         Watching a horror movie as a child is memorable.  Fourteen years ago, my parents left me with my older cousins in our house and watched a scary movie together.

On the screen of the television, I can see Powerpuff Girls defeating Mojo Jojo once again. While lying down on the couch with a blanket over me, my cousins stood up and were hiding something. I noticed that they were changing the show. Suddenly, a creepy blue doll appeared holding a knife appeared on the screen. At the climax of the movie, my cousins went out of the house and left me alone inside. Goosebumps climbed all over my body and I couldn't move an inch. After a couple of minutes, they all went back inside while holding their laughter. Loudly, I cried. As my tears crawled down my face, my cousins hugged me and said they were 'sorry'.

I'm not sure if my parents knew about what happened. A 2-year old girl could remember such a horrible thing, also known as a traumatic experience.  To my dear cousins, it may be funny for you but it's not for me. I don't want to see that doll ever again.

2 comments:

  1. Your recount topic was really interesting and your writing makes the reader sympathise with you and maybe relate to this as most of us were shocked or scared when we saw our first horror movie. Finishing your text with a direct message to your cousins was effective and also helped the reader connect to the story. Next time, please check your verb tenses carefully as you jump between the present and past tense in the middle paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful feedback Ms Briggs. I will surely proofread my work again next time multiple times before putting it here :)))

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.