Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Day 2 -Summer Learning Journey

Activity 1: A House or a Home

Wharepuni is where Maori slept in the 1800s.

Compare my house to wharepuni

Differences:
1. My house is made up of bricks, wood, glasses, cement and a roof.
2. My house is a lot bigger and elegant, modern-looking than wharepuni

Similarities:
1. We sleep in our house together with my family just like wharepuni.
2. Wharepuni and our house today is everybody's home.

Activity 2: The Rules of Engagement


I want to be a Physician-Surgeon. Since when I was a little kid, it's my ultimate dream job, maybe because I'm doing well at school especially at math and science. A Korean series Descendants of the Sun really inspires me to be. There's a main character there, she's a physician-surgeon, she almost spend her life at the operating room but managed to have soldier boyfriend. Now, in real life, that character doctor and the soldier were married last month. Amazing isn't it?

Bonus:


Fried Chicken is my all time favourite. I can eat fried chicken everyday without getting sick of it especially when it's my Uncle Jimmy or my Mama's recipe or it could be from KFC or Jollibee (Fastfood restaurant in the Philippines). My mouth gets watery if I smell their fried chicken.

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Lovely,

    My name is Hazel, and I will be one of the people blogging with you this summer. I can see you've been working really hard already.

    Good work with the comparisons; which of the two (a wharepuni or a house) would you prefer to live in? Why?

    I really enjoyed your drawing! You are very talented at art. What is a physician surgeon? Why is that your dream job? My dream job is to be a teacher (so I guess dreams do come true)! If I wasn't a teacher, I would love to be an actor in musicals.

    Yum! I LOVE fried chicken. Have you ever helped your mum to make it? I've never mad it myself, but one day I would like to try.

    Keep up the great work Lovely,

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Lovely

    My name is Jolie and I go to Glen Innes School,I am also doing the summer Learning Journey which means that I can see more of your amazing work. What was your favourite part about this activity? Why?. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jolie,

      This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey team 2018. It's awesome to see you commenting on other people's blog posts. Let's Keep commenting and give helpful feedback!

      Cheers,
      Jade C.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.