Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Tūrangawaewae



“The Lady with the Little Dog,” from The Collected Short Stories of Anton Chekhov by Anton Chekhov

From the book: “At home in Moscow everything was in its winter routine; the stoves were heated, and in the morning it was still dark when the children were having breakfast and getting ready for school, and the nurse would light the lamp for a short time. The frosts had begun already.”

moscow

My continuation: .......... The hands and feet of each person are trembling, I felt my body as a concrete wall at the moment. We are a layered cloth ball. Breakfast felt like dinner with the breaking dawn and all the members of the family are together. One spoonful of a hot soup made by the light of their home could warm their bodies and spirits. Cars and people start passing by along the streets, ready to start a new day of life. The sun takes a peek on the windows that brightens the whole area.

Goodbye's and I Love You's are echoing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.