Pages

Sunday 1 July 2018

Gladiator

Roman Gladiator

Gladiator matches happen at the Colosseum (below) in the Roman ancient times. Gladiator or simple as swordsman comes from the Latin word "gladius" meaning 'sword'. They are mostly slaves from wars fighting with gladiators or wild animals like bulls and tigers. If they win many fights they can be granted freedom but gladiators always get a brutal death.

Image result for colosseum

Here's a sample advertisement I made for Gladiator matches using Roman Numerals and inserting different events that you can see.


Did you know that there are also women gladiators called gladiatrices or Amazons?




2 comments:

  1. Hi Lovely, You have created beautiful work this term. I like that you have included the Amazon Gladiators which we had not talked about in class. It shows that you have been researching the work we are doing. I wonder if the women had been slaves or wanted to do the job. You have given me knew knowledge to use next year. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

  2. WOW! its a wonderful topic has been published at through admin. Nice Post. Very glad to read this post. Thanks for sharing this informative post.
    Click Here : wheel loader cat 950fii-8tk00986 for sale

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.