Pages

Saturday 17 February 2018

Journal Entry No. 1

Shipwreck Sailor
4-Day Journal Entry No.1



Introduction

Scenario: The ship I was on board crashed, I kept swimming and found an island and got stuck there without anything or anyone with me, let's find out how I survived or will I survive?


Day 1

I swam for 3 hours under the bright sunny sky that burned my skin. I was scared and panicked that I might frown due to tiredness or stroke. Now I'm stuck here in this island without somebody and nothing with me. I just managed to find a rope, some wood sticks and dry leaves to make fire for the night I thought I was just having a dream that later on I will become a mermaid and swim through the ocean to my home; and I fell asleep.


Day 2

I barely slept last night, scared of what may happen in a cold-starry night. Good thing there's still the bright sky, stars are shinning and the moon smiling kept me accompany. I never thought that night sky will this be beautiful here, it's so much different from what we see in the city. I woke tired and the sunlight hurting my eyes, I can't feel my bed nor my pillow. I thought what happened is just a nightmare but it turned out to be real. I can hear the waves from the ocean, the sea breeze that full wakes me up. Now, I can hear the sound my stomach made, I went in the deep forest and saw a banana tree with a not full-ripe 10 bananas, I took it using a stick. This is not the time to be choosy. I went back t the seashore, washed my face and just sat there eating my bananas.


Day 3


I was blessed I did not starve yesterday. I remember from last day that I didn't feel my hunger for losing all my energy swimming under the hot-sunny day. I have 4 bananas left for this day, I want to eat a proper meal, I'm going crazy that I'm really starving and scared, what if I die here? I went to the forest for the second time, I found big rocks and vines and jump there from one to another to entertain myself then suddenly something feel from my pants, it's a plastic pouch with something heavy inside it. A phone!! My phone! I quickly ran to it to check if there's still power. It's not wet neither broken because it's inside my waterproof selfie pouch, but there's no signal. It still has 84% battery. I took pictures of me and the beautiful forest and beach assuming I could show it to my friends when I get out of here, I wish. I didn't saw any fruit or food to eat except this hard- shell coconut. I don't know how to open this thing without anything tho. But it's summer and I'm very thirsty, I went back to the seaside and on my way back I saw a pointy rock, I used it to open my coconut but the rock break, I wanted to kill myself that time. I can't live like this. I grab the coconut and my phone and continue to walk, crying. I gathered colourful wide leaves to spell a big word HELP on the sand so if anyone flying up there can read it and rescue me. I also made myself a shelter made out of leaves and tie it using the vines. I barely made fire for the night and wash myself in the sea.


Day 4


Looks like I'mm getting used to this now, I slept comfortably last night, my shelter and fire warmed me up. I washed myself, thinking about my hunger. I spent a few more time on the water and I saw a fish swimming with me, I don't want to be rude to this friend but I grabbed it using my hand without any hesitation, ran back to my shelter and made fire for 2 hour, I can eat now! I skewered my fish and grill it. now, I came back to my senses, I just realised it's so fishy I'm going crazy due to hunger, I can't stop thinking that this will be the cause of my death. But at least I ate I have 2 bananas and 1 coconut I have energy now, I picked some beautiful flowers and leaves, I made a beautiful hair dress and skirt I have good song on my phone and start dancing. I put the volume to max. I saw big sharp rock, again, get my coconut again and try opening it, it's a miracle isn't it? It opened with so much juice, I drank it. I lay down in my shelter facing the ocean and I feel like I'm on a cheap vacation trip with these. While I was laying down under the sun, I started breathing heavily, I can't speak, my words are mumbling, I can't even move. It feels like the heat is conquering my body, I want to shout fro help but I can't. It's a great thing that before my eyes close I saw a very wonderful view of the world and felt happy.










1 comment:

  1. This is really good Lovely! I can see how much effort you've put into these journals!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.