Pages

Monday 12 November 2018

Performance Evaluation

Last week, Alyana and I performed 'The Only Exception' in front of the class and Mrs Beer. Actually, Alyana suggested the song to me and I thought it's fine because I kinda know the song. We had lots of options to choose from and we ended up with this song that was not on the list. Because I'm not familiar with the song very well, Alyana helped me a lot (thanks for your patience) to play the acoustic guitar while singing. The lyrics are telling a story wherein some parts I can relate to. This song made me get out of my comfort zone, by trying a bass guitar (of course with Alyana's help), and also using a capo for the first time :) Though our performance is not perfectly fine, I'm happy with it because we finally finished our last assessment; the audience liked it; and lastly, I made myself proud!

If we could perform again, we could change the bass guitar into an acoustic bass guitar to match with my acoustic guitar. And more practice, seriously. But overall, I'm happy with it. Thanks to Mrs Beer <3

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! We still did good, right? XD I'm really proud of you. I thought you didn't like the song. And to be honest, this performance was a good year ender for the both of us, since we are going to different directions and you're leaving me next year :( who am I going to perform with? Anyway I will always cherish our fun moments during muscic. <3

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.