Pages

Thursday 29 November 2018

What is a PERFUME?

What is a perfume?
         A perfume is a mixture of fragrant essential oils or aroma compounds, fixatives and solvents. It is used to give humans, animals, foods, objects an agreeable scent.

         Did you know that perfumery began in ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt and was further refined by the Romans and Arabs? The word perfume derives from the Latin "perfumare", meaning 'to smoke through'.

        Tappult Belatehallin was the first perfume maker-and first woman chemist- mentioned in a cuneiform tablet from the 2nd millennium B.C. of Mesopotamia.



Vy Scenté - my own organic perfume brand name. I got the idea from my nickname-to-be which is VY and the word SCENT. I made it sound like the male names "Vincent" or "Vicente". I thought it made it cool :)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.